when “international opportunity” knocks …
Posted by adiamondinsunlight on April 2, 2009
One of the nice things about having nice friends in a bad economy is their willingness to email around news of any forthcoming job opportunity. I am (happily!) still gainfully employed, but I appreciate each opportunity to be part of a chain of virtue – passing job postings on to those who might be looking.
So for those of you who might be in the market for a real fixer-upper of a job, and are eager to spend a bit more time in Dubai, this job might be for you. (And if you aren’t familiar with MBN, scroll down to see what semi-popular radio station and total-disaster television channel you would be responsible for resurrecting before you ready your resume :).)
Television Center Management
Director, Dubai Production Center
The Middle East Broadcasting Networks, Inc. (MBN) is seeking an experienced television professional to serve as Center Director of our broadcasting facility in Dubai U.A.E. This is a non-editorial position.
The Dubai Production Center Director has overall responsibility for the management of television and radio production operations at MBN’s Dubai Production Center and is MBN’s representative in the UAE. This individual will manage all aspects of the Center’s television and radio production operations to meet MBN’s programming requirements including:
· Oversee daily technical operations as well as the implementation of approved technical projects, upgrades, and equipment installations.
· Lead the Dubai Center staff; ensure compliance with MBN practices, production standards, and procedures.
· Manage operational plans, work flows and resource requirements. Manage spending for Center operations within prescribed budgets.
· Communicate changes in local conditions that affect operations to senior management.
· Represent MBN to visiting officials and dignitaries.
· Work with the Branch Manager to ensure administrative operations adequately meet Center requirements, developing budgets, staff plans, and organizational structures.
· Assist with on-site management of human resource and other administrative management issues.
The Center Director is responsible for building and maintaining positive business relationships, including liaison with the US Embassy in the U.A.E and Consulate in Dubai and must be able to negotiate and manage in a multi-cultural environment.
This is an exciting opportunity for a television broadcast professional with production or business operations experience.
The successful candidate will have a 4 year college degree and have strong strategic, analytical and general management skills honed through at least 10 years of experience in television business or production operations.
If you are a leader with a proven ability to provide structure and oversight with experience integrating new technology into operations, we invite you apply!
MBN is a Washington, DC. based international multi-media broadcasting corporation broadcasting television and FM /AM radio news and information in Arabic to the 22+ Arabic speaking countries of the Middle East and North Africa as well as to Arabic speakers across Europe.
MBN offers a challenging work environment, competitive pay and excellent benefits. The selected candidate must be able to pass background check. MBN is a private, nonprofit 501(c)(3) corporation. Please visit our television website at www.alhurra.com and the radio website at www.radiosawa.com.
Please forward your cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to email@example.com. Please include the job title of the position in the email subject line.