A Diamond’s Eye View of the World

a multi-faceted look at the middle east, and the middle west

Joyeux Noel de Taanayel et CDG

Posted by adiamondinsunlight on December 22, 2008

Qifa Nabki sent me this link, to Taanayel’s holiday ad, on Saturday, with a note stating apologetically that “I’m about 99% sure that you’ve already seen this ad”. Well, I hadn’t – count  me among that remaining 1% of slow adapters / inept YouTube’rs.

But it was worth the wait. The ad itself is a total hoot, and as an amateur linguist, I also enjoying pondering when (and why) Mme. Lebneh /Teta Latifeh switches to Arabic:

If only the CDG flights-to-Lebanon/flights-to-North-America terminal hop were this smooth in reality 🙂 .


2 Responses to “Joyeux Noel de Taanayel et CDG”

  1. Kheireddine said

    This ad is very popular! Teta Latifa is so adorable!!! (only a Lebanese would react like me 🙂 )

  2. 🙂 She is adorable – a terrific blend of sweetness and starchiness. And the ad is popular, although I should acknowledge that at least 8 of those page views are mine (plus two more for the Arabic-subtitled version).

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: